MillionPlus, the Association for Modern Universities, has today (3 April) commented on the government's guidance for how GCSEs, A levels and other qualifications will be awarded in summer 2020.
Dr Greg Walker, Chief Executive of MillionPlus, said:
"This announcement is a significant one for schools, colleges and universities across England, particularly for students in their final few months of study. Under these extraordinary circumstances, the plan for students to receive full awards through a robust and standardised process is to be welcomed.
"Those students with the desire to proceed to higher education should know that universities are recruiting for September as normal, doing all they can to facilitate the next step in a student’s education."
Notes to editors
- For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact Dan Blows on 020 3927 2916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The full government guidance is available here
- MillionPlus is the Association for Modern Universities in the UK, and the voice of 21st century higher education. We champion, promote and raise awareness of the essential role and impact of modern universities in the UK’s world-leading higher education sector. More information can be found at www.millionplus.ac.uk
- What are modern universities? Modern universities are long established centres of higher education in their communities with roots that stretch back decades, if not centuries. Many gained university title following legislation agreed by parliament in 1992. They make up almost half of the UK university sector with over a million students studying at modern universities every year.
- Modern universities: facts and stats