MillionPlus has criticised the proposal from the Office for Students to create a new temporary condition of registration as being the wrong approach for ensuring stability and integrity in this year's application and enrolment cycle. Key points of criticism include:
- that it is unclear that the behaviour the OfS is criticising was in fact problematic as providers were acting to give assurance to worried applicants
- that the condition as drafted is too broad
- that retrospective application of the condition is wrong
- that it continues for too long and so inappropriately takes into scope offer making in the 2021 application cycle
- that the OfS is going beyond its powers and acting politically
- that some behaviour traditionally conducted by modern universities to increase participation risk being judged inappropriate by OfS unless the condition is narrowed and restricted.
Download OfS consultation on the integrity and stability of the English higher education system »