The seven modern universities in Scotland are a vital component of the higher education landscape. We ask all parliamentary candidates to #ThinkModern and pledge to support these institutions and their students, and to drive inclusive growth and opportunity across Scotland.
The five pledges are:
- The next government will commit to increase the ‘per student’ investment in Scottish higher education.
- The next government will establish a new Public Services Education Capital Investment programme to enable universities to invest in high-quality, high-tech simulation equipment and other infrastructure.
- The next government will ensure that investment in widening participation recognises the value and reflects the work done by modern universities in supporting their local communities.
- The next government will fully fund graduate apprenticeships and increase investment that is specifically aimed at improving university-business partnerships.
- The next government will commit to long-term, sustainable investment in research and knowledge exchange to enable Scotland’s modern universities to support businesses to exploit research that creates economic growth and job opportunities for local communities.
Download Supporting universities to drive growth and opportunity in Scotland »