MillionPlus, the Association for Modern Universities, has today (7 March) commented on the Government’s announcement of a Lifelong Loan Entitlement from 2025.
Rachel Hewitt, Chief Executive of MillionPlus, said:
“MillionPlus has long argued that a Lifelong Loan Entitlement (LLE) has the potential to be transformational, so an update on policymakers’ thinking in terms of what the system will look like is encouraging. The removal of ELQ restrictions and the expansion of maintenance funding in particular are both welcome developments. While we are further down the road towards an LLE scheme, there remain questions and issues yet to be resolved, such as how regulation and credit stacking will operate, and we look forward to working constructively with the Government to find solutions in the weeks and months ahead.”
Notes to editors
- For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact Dan Blows on 020 3927 2916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The DfE press notice is here
- MillionPlus is the Association for Modern Universities in the UK, and the voice of 21st century higher education. We champion, promote and raise awareness of the essential role and impact of modern universities in the UK’s world-leading higher education sector. More information can be found at www.millionplus.ac.uk
- What are modern universities? Modern universities are long established centres of higher education in their communities with roots that stretch back decades, if not centuries. Many gained university title following legislation agreed by parliament in 1992. They make up almost half of the UK university sector with over a million students studying at modern universities every year.
- Modern universities: facts and stats 2022