MillionPlus, the Association for Modern Universities, has today (27 April) commented on the government’s response to the Scottish Affairs Committee’s Universities and Scotland report
Rachel Hewitt, Chief Executive of MillionPlus, said:
“MillionPlus is pleased to see the government respond to the work of the Scottish Affairs Committee.
“Every university would benefit from clarity around the future of Horizon Europe and for an ongoing international outlook from the government. This is perhaps even more true of Scotland’s brilliant modern universities, where, as we argued in our submission to the committee, international student recruitment is becoming an increasingly important income stream in the face of ongoing and long-standing public under-investment.”
Notes to editors
- For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact Dan Blows on 020 3927 2916 or email email@example.com
- The MillionPlus submission to the Scottish Affairs Committee inquiry is available here
- MillionPlus is the Association for Modern Universities in the UK, and the voice of 21st century higher education. We champion, promote and raise awareness of the essential role and impact of modern universities in the UK’s world-leading higher education sector. More information can be found at www.millionplus.ac.uk
- What are modern universities? Modern universities are long established centres of higher education in their communities with roots that stretch back decades, if not centuries. Many gained university title following legislation agreed by parliament in 1992. They make up almost half of the UK university sector with over a million students studying at modern universities every year.
- Modern universities: facts and stats 2021