MillionPlus, the Association for Modern Universities, has today (22 June) commented on Advance HE and HEPI’s Student Academic Experience Survey.
Rachel Hewitt, Chief Executive of MillionPlus, said:
“That the cost of living is having a serious impact on the student experience is no surprise and bears out repeated warnings made by MillionPlus, principally in our Learning with the Lights Off report last October. The survey’s conclusions lend further weight to calls MillionPlus made ahead of the Spring Budget for increased maintenance funding for students, ideally through grants, and to ensure students are included in any further cost-of-living measures introduced.”
- For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact Dan Blows on 020 3927 2916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning with the Lights Off is available here
- MillionPlus is the Association for Modern Universities in the UK, and the voice of 21st century higher education. We champion, promote and raise awareness of the essential role and impact of modern universities in the UK’s world-leading higher education sector. More information can be found at www.millionplus.ac.uk
- What are modern universities? Modern universities are long established centres of higher education in their communities with roots that stretch back decades, if not centuries. Many gained university title following legislation agreed by parliament in 1992. They make up almost half of the UK university sector with over a million students studying at modern universities every year.
- Modern universities: facts and stats 2022